Tuesday 14 February 2012

2nd Card from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine

Hiya everyone,

This is another of the 5 baby cards that I made as part of a designer challenge project for Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.    I was sent 4 sheets of 12x12 paper (3 were double sided), a pack of paper flowers and some felt embellishments.  The idea was to make 5 completely different cards using different styles/techniques but only using very minimal extras.  This means no stamped images and only basic card, ribbon and gems etc.  This was my very first piece for them after winning Cardmaker of the Year 2010 so I was quite nervous in case they thought they'd made a horrible mistake in picking me!  As it happens, I still do stuff for them now so I must be doing something right!

I don't know where the idea came from for the dungarees really.  I think as the whale paper was embossed and the other blue paper was quite plain it seemed to stand out to me.  I cheated a little and used my circle and scalloped circle nestie and a small star punch but only really added a couple of blue buttons.  I used my pokey tool and my white gel pen for faux stitching and cut out a single whale off the embossed paper to resemble a applique motif.  I also added a small folded piece of ribbon to represent a tag.

I think this makes a relatively quick and easy baby card and was quite pleased with it after I finished it.  It could also easily be made in pink!

Making a card without an stamped or digi image as a focal point is more difficult than it looks - especially when you have to make 5 different ones!  I do love a challenge and try and think of something a little bit different when I get a new piece.

In case you missed the 1st baby card - it is here.

Thanks for looking!

Paula. x

8 comments:

  1. Paula this is gorgeous,what a brilliant idea, and just love the effects, so unusual.

    Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, Another of your stunning creations can't wait to see the rest:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,
    you daft thing, of course they would want your work again. Your creations are always pretty and well designed and yet you always make it easy for anyone to 'follow' (so to speak) if they want to make it for themselves.
    This is another example of your creativity, not alot to work with, as you said, and yet you created something so good. Good on you.
    Take care Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. what you like lol its fabulous!!!

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Paula and such a brilliant idea, really fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula it is simply stunning !!! I wish i had one ounce of your creative talent xxx

    ReplyDelete